Saturday, August 24, 2013

Trying Something New...

Stop the presses.  I have news.

For the first time in at least 6 years I have bought new running shoes.


Sure, they were cheap and I had a coupon, but that is how I shop.  Love cheap clothes.  Also, for those of you who do not know me well, this is a big deal.  I am quite anti-excercise.  I do not really enjoy and I do not really understand people who do.  Why would you want to go run (on purpose) when you could be doing something fun like watching Mike Birbiglia comedy specials on Netflix?  (Oh yeah, I know how to have a good time.)  But it has become clear to me that I am going to need to get on the exercise wagon and so I have decided that I am going to attempt this whole thing.  This is going to be quite the experiment.  I have downloaded an app that will motivate me to run (by telling me that zombies are chasing me) that was recommended to me by Abi and now I have shoes.  What more do I need?

Also, I have been told that I have a really dorky run.  So this will be interesting.

Watch out world.  Portia is going to attempt exercise.  This could get scary.


No comments:

Post a Comment